Brought to you from the team behind PocketGamer.co.uk, the world's number one consumer site for mobile and handheld games, PocketGamer.biz is all about the industry, processes, technology and deals that drive the business which makes these games happen.
From breaking industry stories and in-depth interviews with key executives and players to coverage of industry conferences and events, and detailed analysis of mobile games metrics, if it makes a difference to the developers, publishers, operators, handset manufacturers, and service providers, then you can expect to see it here.
And as well as providing a daily news service, PocketGamer.biz's knowledge is available in regular industry reports such as our Mobile Games Trends reports. These provide the key trends, facts and figures for the mobile games market, ranging from the competitive analysis of publishers to game case studies, market data and financial performance.
PocketGamer.biz also highlights the best companies in the business with annual features such as its Top Developer of the Year awards.
POCKETGAMER.BIZ PROMISES YOU
- Provide the inside track on the news that really matters
- Offer analysis and opinion on what this could mean, not just press releases
- Interview the biggest names in the business on a regular basis
- Champion innovation and attempt to unite the industry behind campaigns that will genuinely help it grow
- Be a regular presence at all the major events and conferences
- Listen to all your feedback and continue to hone our site to ensure it serves the industry in the most effective way
What's more, join our site and you'll...
- Get a regular digest email outlining key stories and events
- Be able to add your own thoughts and feedback to the big issues directly
- Link your PocketGamer.co.uk and .biz memberships together for ease of access
- Benefit from the additional features that we'll be adding on a regular basis from day one
- Stand a chance of being included on our editorial panel and our regular market surveys
WHO IS POCKETGAMER.BIZ?
Craig Chapple | Editor
Craig has been playing games since the Atari and the NES, through to the N64 and the early days of Snake on his Nokia 3310. Having spent much of his life playing games, he’s also been writing about them since 2011, whether at Develop, at Nintendo’s European HQ or at PocketGamer.biz as Editor. After all that time, he knows a thing or two about the business. He’s still terrible at playing games, though.
Jon Jordan | Contributing Editor
Jon remembers the heady days of 'surfing the BT Cellnet' (ahem), and text-based WAP mobile gaming with a certain degree of nostalgia. Everything's moved on plenty since then, of course. Not least Jon, who now boasts several million colours, a touchscreen and up to 8GB of inbuilt memory. It's not done much for his battery life, though. As well as being PocketGamer.biz's Contributing Editor, Jon is one of Pocket Gamer's co-founders.
Chris James| Managing Director
If you haven't come across the founder and MD of Steel Media, then Chris really hasn't been doing his job very well. A regular on the conference circuit, he has spoken at MGF, MEM, and chaired Develop Mobile, as well as served on the judging panels of every award – from the Mobile Choice and Motorola MotoDev to the IMGAs and Meffys. If he hasn't pitched an idea to you yet, then either you're about to receive a call or you're doing something wrong!
In addition to the names above, we'll be calling on a team of respected analysts and writers to ensure our coverage is as deep and wide-ranging as possible.
The legal bit:
Pocket Gamer is a registered trademark of Steel Media Ltd
PocketGamer.biz is a trading name of Steel Media Ltd.
www.pocketgamer.biz © Steel Media Ltd 2016
Registered in England and Wales. No. 4352070.
Registered office: The House, Kelston Park, Bath, BA1 9AE, United Kingdom