Yes, it seems that you can squeeze another mobile game studio into Helsinki.
The latest experienced and well-funded startup to rise in mobile gaming capital city is Armada Interactive.
Ambitious in its desire to re-define core mobile gaming with synchronous PvP, 3D console graphics, eSports potential, innovative UI etc, the studio has already raised $3 million in its seed round.
The "epic game" the 20-strong team has in development (which it isn't yet discussing), and the pedigree of its founders.
- CEO, Samuli Syvähuoko - Max Payne (Remedy)
- Art Director, Mikko Kinnunen - Mass Effect 2 and 3 (BioWare)
- Creative Officer, Giuliano Cremaschi - Crysis 2, Gface (Crytek)
Spending the money
As for the investors, they are similarly well-known set of early stage names:
- Initial Capital (Supercell, Space Ape, Resolution Games, Super Evil Megacorp),
- Index Ventures (King, Supercell)
- PROfounders Capital (Small Giants)
- Chris Lee (Eight Pixel Square, Another Place, Space Ape, Hutch, Hello Games)
- Next Games,
- Reaktor Ventures,
- Sisu Game Ventures,
- Reynir Hardarson (ex CCP), and,
- Ben Feder (ex T2 CEO).
"The games being developed by Armada incorporate innovative and revolutionary UX and game play that bring the player experience to dimensions not previously seen in mobile gaming," said Initial Capital partner Ken Lamb.
"We are delighted to be backing a world class team which combines triple-A development talent with mobile and freemium expertise," added Index Ventures general partner Ben Holmes.