If you want to know what developers are doing, you have to ask them.
That's the thinking behind VisionMobile's approach to tracking the trends affecting mobile developers and the app economy.
Its large, global surveys track the most important metrics for mobile developers, including platform mindshare, app categories and tools, revenues and revenue models - and many more.
Powered by the key findings from each survey, it releases freely available Developer Economics research reports. You can see previous examples here.
Which brings us to today's action point. VisionMobile will be closing its latest Developer Economics survey on Sunday 23 November and is looking for your input.
It only takes 10 minutes to complete and you'll get the chance to win:
- iPhone 6
- Google Nexus 5
- Lumia 930
- BlackBerry Z30
As part of the process, you can also sign up to VisionMobile's new regular monthly developer panel, also gaining the opportunity to win:
- Oculus Rift Developers Kit Dk2 (value of $750 USD)
- Parrot AR.Drone 2.0 Elite Edition Quadricopter (worth $375 USD)
- Nest Learning Thermostat - 2nd Generation (value of $249 USD)
- Samsung Gear Live Smartwatch (worth $198 USD)
- Fitbit Flex Wireless Activity (worth $108 USD)
- CanaKit Raspberry Pi B+ Ultimate Starter Kit (worth $70 USD)
The key findings from the survey will become available as a free research report in February 2015.
You can make your voice heard by completing the survey here.