Hot on the heels of the announcement that Alexandre de Rochefort had been named temporary CEO of Gameloft in the face of a full board resignation, a new CEO and board have been appointed.
"I start my role today with an ambitious plan: to combine your creative passion with Vivendi's to accelerate Gameloft's development," he said.
“We intend to mobilize our expertise to develop franchises from Gameloft, its partners and from Vivendi, and deploy them as widely as possible.”
"You will be a fully-integrated member of the Vivendi family while maintaining your distinctiveness and originality."
Gameloft's former board, however, were evidently less confident of this, refusing to cooperate with "a majority shareholder whose strategic vision and managerial values it does not share."
Now, having installed its own board, Vivendi faces no such backlash. The new board consists of:
- Sébastien Bolloré - Chairman of Omnium Bolloré
- Frédéric Crépin - Member of Vivendi's Management Board
- Francine Mayer - Chairman of Canal+ Régie
- Stéphane Roussel - Vivendi COO
- Maxime Saada - CEO of Canal+, Chairman and CEO of Dailymotion.