Google has named the 20 finalists who will showcase their games during the Google Play Indie Games Festival in San Francisco in September.
The free event will be open to the public and will take place on September 23rd at SPiN in San Francisco.
Fans will get to vote for their favourite games throughout the festival, the top 10 of which will progress to a pitching stage in front of a panel of judges who will decide on the three winners.
Panelists include Kongregate CEO Emily Greer, Nix Hydra CEO Lina Chen, YouTube Creator Alex the Gamerette, Google’s Jamil Moledina and Sarah Thomson, and GamesBeat’s Dean Takahashi.
The 20 games on show, as chosen by Google, will be:
- 7 Pin Pool - SPG Inc
- Age of Rivals - Roboto Games
- Beast Brawlers - PvP Arena - V2 Games Inc.
- Brave Hand - Heart Shaped Games
- Covens - Raincrow Studios, LLC
- Crashy Cars - pixelbizarre
- Dokudo - Sense of Wonder
- Flipping Legend - Hiding Spot
- Gladiator Rising - Happii Gamer Studio
- Jigsaw Story - Happy Square Studio Inc
- Loteria Latin Bingo - Gorilla Bean Games
- Maruta Escape - Busan Sanai Games
- NoStranger - Black Vein Productions
- Slayaway Camp - Blue Wizard Digital
- Space Tunnel - Spacewave Studios
- Splitter Critters - RAC7
- Star Vikings Forever - Akupara Games
- Storm Wars - Zom.bio
- Tiny Bubbles - Pine Street Codeworks
- Topsoil - Nico Prins
You can find out more details about the Indie Games Festival on the website.