Vancouver Economic Commision
The Vancouver Economic Commission (VEC) works to position Vancouver as a globally recognised city for innovative, creative and sustainable business. As the leading economic development platform in Vancouver, we work with Tech, Digital Entertainment & Interactive and Green Economy companies by connecting them with the talent, capital, data and market access they need, all in a start-up ecosystem that is recognized as one of the world’s best.
More specifically, the VEC:
ADVISES business leaders on:
- Key growth sectors (Tech, Digital Entertainment & Interactive and Green Economy)
- Vancouver’s investment climate
- Living and working in Vancouver
CONNECTS businesses to:
- Local and international markets
CELEBRATES the Vancouver business story through:
- Storytelling about business and Vancouver successes
- Strategic local and international events
- Hosting and leading delegations
The VEC’s Strategic Initiatives & Sector Development, Marketing & Research and Asia Pacific Centre teams achieve these objectives through their direct work with entrepreneurs, and the wide range of stakeholders with whom they interact – from elected officials and departments of all levels of government to peer organizations, industry associations and educational institutions. This on-the-ground approach allows the VEC to understand fundamental talent and capital dynamics in the city, address and identify gaps to allow existing businesses to grow, and inspire others around the world to call Vancouver their home.