Big Indie Pitch @ GDC
San Francisco, USA
|Date & Times:||
Thursday, March 20th 2014
12pm to 4pm
|Location:||San Francisco, United States of America|
|Expected Size:||500 - 1,000|
|Target Audience:||Creatives, Developers, Indie Developers, Recruitment, Students|
|Featured Platforms:||Android, iOS, Windows Phone|
Pitch your games to the press for coverage and prizes speed dating style.
It's the most fun you'll have at GDC and the most important thing you can do for your games!
The event is completely FREE so sign up as a developer to let us know you're coming, then be sure to come early as space is limited to the first 30 that meet the criteria below.
If you don't get into the competition, don't fret! There will be a walk-up media bar for you to queue up in to meet press 1:1. PLUS cocktails and savory bites by the GrilledCheezGuy!
Spectators welcome too - YAY!!!
Check out all the epicness from last year's Big Indie Pitch @ GDC 2013.
It's going to be an amazing time! Here's what to expect:
12pm - DEV CHECK-IN
Space is limited to first 30 who meet criteria below, come early.
Please know that RSVP does not guarantee a spot in the competition.
This event is FIRST COME, FIRST SERVED til capacity, business card required for entry.
Chris James, Managing Partner, Steel Media
Introduction to the Judges & Media Bar Journalists:
- Andre F. Bourque, Managing Editor, Technorati
- Andrew Podolsky, CEO, SlideToPlay
- Byron Gordon, Games Reviewer, Technorati
- Carter Dotson, Editor, Android Rundown
- Chelsea Stark, Games Reporter, Mashable
- Eli Hodapp, Editor in Chief, TouchArcade
- Eric Johnson, Associate Editor, Re/code
- Jean-Baptiste Su, Technology Writer, FORBES-BayLIVE
- Jeff Scott, Editor In Chief, 148Apps
- Jon Jordan, Editor, PocketGamer.biz
- Keith Andrew, Editor, PocketGamer.biz
- Martine Paris, US Events Editor, Pocket Gamer
- Matt Diener, Games Reviewer, Pocket Gamer
- Miguel Concepcion, Freelancer, Machinima, OXM, GamesRadar, GameSpot, Esquire, Complex
- Paul Acevedo, Games Editor, Mobile Nations
- Rob Hearn, Reviews Editor, Pocket Gamer
- Rob LeFebvre, Games Editor, Cult of Mac
- Rob Rich, Editor, 148Apps
- Peter van der Linden, Sr. Developer Evangelist, Immersion
- Steve Peterson, West Coast Editor, GamesIndustry.biz, [a]listdaily
1pm - 3pm
PITCH COMPETITION & WALK-UP MEDIA BAR
JUDGES VOTE & ANNOUNCE WINNERS!
Only the first thirty who show up on the day of the event and meet the following rules are entered into the competition.
Indie mobile game developers only (less than 20 person company), multiple people from the same company will present together
You will have 3 minutes to pitch. Practice your pitch, get it down to 2 minutes to allow 1 minutes for questions. Remember to tell the judge your dev number. Here are tips to prepare: http://www.pocketgamer.biz/r/PG.Biz/Pocket+Gamer+Connects/feature.asp?c=56813
Come prepared. Business cards, stickers, info sheets, etc. Most importantly, bring your game on a mobile device with a 4G connection.
If you are selected as the winner you will be asked to present your game (2 min pitch) to the audience so everyone can see how great your game is! Bring your mobile device adapter to connect to the projector
There will be a prize for a published iOS or Android game, and a prize for an unpublished iOS or Android game
Many thanks to Martine Paris, Pocket Gamer's US Events Editor for producing this event and to Immersion for their generous sponsorship! If you're a games journalist and would like to join the judges panel, or if you're interesting in sponsoring this event, please email email@example.com.
The Zappa Room - 111 Minna Gallery
111 Minna St
United States of America
See an event missing? Let us know