Pocket Gamer Connects Vancouver is just around the corner.
But later this year the leading mobile games show in the western world returns with its unique combination of inspirational speakers, grade-A networking, and a vibrant expo to Helsinki, the heart of the European mobile games business.
It's all taking place on September 5th-6th and we’d love you to join us.
But if you want to get in cheaply, you'll need to grab a Super Early Bird ticket before they run out this week.
As with every PG Connects show, PGC Helsinki will unite a cross-section of the entire mobile games ecosystem – from independent developers through media, tool makers, and monetisation experts up to the triple-A publishers and investors.
We’ll look to span the globe too, with delegates from Asia, North America, Europe and the hottest emerging markets, as well as from across Finland and the Nordics.
There’ll be 8 conference tracks to explore, covering everything from global publishing trends and how indies can survive and thrive to fund raising, monetisation and acquisition techniques, practical development workshops, and future-gazing.
Previous shows have featured the biggest names from the leading publishers, including Supercell, King, Disney, Rovio, DeNA, Kabam, Glu, Seriously, Gree, and Square through to indie legends like Mike Bithell, Vlambeer, Sam Barlow, Fireproof, Ustwo, Etermax and countless others.
Already confirmed are:
- Ville Heijari, CMO Rovio
- Sebastian Kriese, Wooga
- Tommy Palm, Resolution Games
- Petri Jarvilehto, Seriously
- Teemu Maki-Patola, Frogmind
- Jami Laes, FuturePlay
- Jana Karlikova, Stugan
- Aki Jarvilehto, Everywear
- Lasse Seppanen, PlayRaven
- Kieran Park, Nexon
- Sabrina Carmona, King
- Antti Sten, Boomlagoon
- Vladimir Funtikov, Creative Mobile
- Veli-Pekka Piirainen, Critical Force Entertainment
- Shum Singh, Agnitio Capital
- Daniel Blomquist, Creandum
- Ricardo Flores, B5 Studios
- Kim Soares, Kukouri Mobile Entertainment
- Michael Peiffert, Mi-Clos
- Anders Lykke, Priori Data
- Ian Verchere, RoadHouse
- Oliver Kern, TinyLoot
And if you want so share your knowledge, speaker submissions are open.
This year, in addition to the mobile core, the event will also house two new segments, VR Connects and PC Connects dedicated to covering other areas of the games industry. Each will have at least one dedicated track, a focused expo space, and an in indie pitch.
Right, it's breakdown time. Those 8 tracks in brain-friendly list fashion:
- Indie Futures – A dedicated track for indie developers and how they can survive and thrive in the modern mobile ecosystem
- East Meets West: Global Mobile Gaming – Exploring the hottest regions, biggest trends, and best opportunities for mobile game publishers today including a focus on eSports and the latest from Asia
- Monetise, Retain, Acquire – The latest tips, trends, and techniques in UA and monetisation
- Mobile Games University – A track full of practical tips and workshops on everything from creating great ideas to running liveops
- Show Me the Money – Exploring the different sources and approaches of raising funds, from angels and publisher partnerships to government funding and VCs
- Fantastic Finland – A deserved segment celebrating the best of the Finnish industry
- VR Connects: Future Visions – A dedicated track looking at VR (not exclusively mobile) and emerging technologies that will affect the industry
- PC Connects: The Next Generation – The new addition to the crowd, this track will focus on the core issues for the PC game developer, from engine selection and business models to marketing and retailing
Want the lowdown on networking & other key features? You got it:
- Pitch & Match – Free business matching meeting system for all attendees
- PGC App – Free app to get updates and connect with other delegates on-the-fly
- Big Indie Pitch – Indie developers pitch media and selected experts for prizes and feedback on their upcoming games
- 20/20 SpeedMatch – 20 publishers, 20 developers, 2 hours, 1 room. 20 guaranteed meetings for all selected participants
- Expo Area – Discover games, technologies, services and more
- I Love Indie Showcase – Up-and-coming indies show off their games in the dedicated expo area
- PG Party – Let your hair down, get your dancing shoes on, and your business cards out in our relaxed, always-popular after-hours event
A sizeable bundle of business superbness, then.
Want to get in on the act? You can. Did we mention those Super Early Bird tickets are running out?