Not for profit games industry diversity organisation Women in Games has revealed the nominees for its inaugural Women in Games Mobile Awards.
Seven games have been shortlisted for the awards, which were first announced on July 31st. There will be a Grand Prix prize for the best game with a development team led by or including women, and a Leadership Award recognising exceptional quality of work from a mobile game developer.
The nominees are:
- South Park Phone Destroyer, led by Neha Joshi, Producer at RedLynx, a Ubisoft Studio from Finland
- Jungle Animal Hair Salon 2, led by Miglė Šaulytė, CMO at TutoTOONS from Lithuania
- Birdie's Adventure, led by Astrid Refstrup, Co-Founder at Triple Topping Games from Denmark
- Eden Isle: Resort Paradise, led by Elaine Reynolds, CEO at Simteractive Ltd. from Ireland
- Rocket Rumble, led by Vicky Smalley, CTO at Small Jelly from UK
- Serena Supergreen und der abgebrochene Flügel, led by Linda Kruse, Co-Founder & MD at The Good Evil from Germany
- A Normal Lost Phone, led by Elizabeth Maler, Co-Founder at Accidental Queens from France
"We're very pleased with the number of entries we've received for the first Women in Games Mobile Awards, coming from around Europe and representing a broad selection of pioneering women in the industry," said Marie-Claire Isaaman, CEO of Women in Games.
"Our ambition with these awards is to highlight the breadth of talent that exists and as such we encourage everyone to submit their entries next year too. All are welcome, whether they have been in the industry a long time or just starting out."
The awards ceremony will be held during the Women in Games 2017 conference on September 6th. Anita Sarkeesian and Brie Code are scheduled as the keynote speakers for the conference.