PG.biz MasterClass: Bringing Your Game To Live (Online)
|Date & Times:||
Tuesday, August 18th 2020
2pm to 5pm
|Expected Size:||250 – 500|
|Ticket Cost:||200 GBP|
|Target Audience:||C-Level, Creatives, Developers, Indie Developers, Marketing, Publishers, Students, Technical teams, Tool Providers|
|Event Type:||Online Event|
|Featured Platforms:||Android, Augmented Reality, Console, Handheld Console, iOS, PC, Steam, Virtual Reality, Wearables|
The PocketGamer.biz MasterClasses are a new series of deep-dive workshop sessions, covering practical game design topics. They include online webinar lessons and workshop sessions conducted by video.
PocketGamer.biz is well known for its conferences and round-tables, but the short nature of these sessions means they only scratch the surface of important subjects. For real in-depth learning, we have worked with industry experts to create the MasterClasses. They are professional half-day activities featuring tutorials and breakout groups, all accessed from your home office.
There are four sessions running in August 2020 (see below), and this session is: Bringing Your Game To Live with Oscar Clark
Making a game is a complex mix of moving parts. It’s an endeavour which includes artists, coders, production people and increasingly marketing and commercially focused people in one team with a common mission. Getting your game live and running it in a way which builds and sustains players for weeks, months and years is just as complex and requires not just a new mindset, but often a completely different set of personalities and skills.
In this three-hour online MasterClass, Oscar Clark, author of Games As A Service, will share core principles learned over 20 years designing, delivering and consulting on games and games platforms. He will explore what LiveOps really means in practice and how to help your team prepare for the transition which comes with building a living experience.
About the host
Oscar Clark is Chief of Curiosity at Fundamentally Games and has been a pioneer in games services since 1998. He helps developers (and investors) design, deliver and monetise games and wrote Games As A Service, published by Routledge. Oscar also helps find speakers and hosts at PG Connects conferences.
We will focus on three core areas of live operations
• Live Pipelines – How teams need to establish predictable, consistent release processes which satisfy audience needs, support iteration and create a positive release experience.
• Community Engagement – How to create the right cadence of events and supporting retail promotions which maximise the player experience and give reasons to anticipate the value of coming back (and spending) time and time again.
• Audience-Led Decision Making – How planning needs to leverage audience sentiment, behavioural data as well as your core original vision to create continuous improvement so we get more players, doing more things, more often for longer.
In this class attendees will be able to learn :
• Recognize what to consider during design, production and testing to support live operations
• Analyze how LiveOps can extend the value for your game whether paid-upfront or f2p
• Define the systems needed to deliver player experiences in ways which allow the core development team to focus on making great the game
• Understand how to build an Audience led process which maximizes player engagement, conversion, retention and ongoing release of new content and features.
• Create Service Level Agreements that can help to constantly improve your game
Format of teaching
This will be a highly interactive session using Zoom and Miro as tools to support the participants working together to see how the theory can be applied.
For each subtopic we will have the following format:
20 mins lecture
20 mins group activity
20 mins Feedback/Review
60 mins x 3 = three hours total
There will be audience participation encouraged throughout the MasterClass.
Game Developers, Games Designers, Community Management, Games Business Managers, Producers, any game person serious about bringing retention strategies to life.
Other sessions & attendee offers
There are three other sessions available in August 2020. Each MasterClass requires a separate ticket, although multiple bookings are encouraged and come with a discount:
Monday, August 17 (10am-1pm)
Understanding Design – Getting The Most Out Of Your Design(Ers)
with Tara Mustapha
Monday, August 17 (2pm-5pm)
Game Economy Design And Optimization
with Nick Murray
Tuesday, August 18 (10am-1pm)
Product Management – Bringing Value To Your Players
with Karla Reyes
Individual multi-buy discount: book for three & get fourth free (so, book for all four MasterClasses and get one of them free).
Corporate discount: a group of six or more from one company can get 30% off if booked together.
To take advantage of multi-buy or group discounts, please email email@example.com to discuss your bespoke package.
Book your ticket today!
Select your ticket above and follow the simple online booking system. Payment is required at the time of booking, so please have your credit or debit card ready.
Group bookings from the same company: to arrange a discount on block bookings, please contact us if you wish to purchase more than 6 tickets, via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the final ticket price is in £UK, and conference tickets can be subject to UK VAT at a rate of 20%. You will be sent a VAT receipt by email along with confirmation of your booking.
For all other questions, please contact email@example.com
Terms and conditions apply.
Find out more information on PG.biz MasterClass: Bringing Your Game To Live (Online)
See an event missing? Let us know