Pocket Gamer Connects London 2017 (January 16th to 17th) is just days away.
So if you still haven’t bought a ticket, here’s everything you need to know about what makes the event the hottest mobile games business conference in Europe.
Over 1,600 attendees are expected at this year’s London conference, hailing from all corners of the mobile games industry across the world.
Over 600 companies will be represented, including but not limited to: Rovio, King, Twitter, Facebook, Space Ape Games, Lightneer, UKIE, Miniclip, NaturalMotion, Twitch, Execution Labs, Amazon, Fox Digital, Gumi, Heracles, Nitrome, Curve and many more!
The event will have more than 140 speakers and panelists delivering 30+ hours worth of talks, including: Rovio VP of Product Mark Sorrell, Facebook Publisher Development Manager EMEA Maya Cahier, Fireproof Director Barry Meade, Gamevil GM David Mohr, UKIE CEO Jo Twist, and many more!
There are plenty of opportunities to meet all these experts too.
Firstly, there’s a handy Pitch & Match system for registered attendees to set up meetings.
Not part of the SpeedMatch system? Stick around the event and for the afterparty and network to your heart’s content, you never know who you might bump into.
And you can always pop by the Indie Showcase, which offers an exclusive and vibrant area dedicated to indie developers showing off their latest games.
That’s two conferences for the price of one!
So what are you waiting for? There’s less than a month to go to sign up and meet some of the most influential people in the games business!
Still not convinced?
So what else is going on in the conference anyway?
Here’s a rundown of what’s happening on each of the tracks and everything else going on at the event.
PGC London 2017 at-a-glanceThose conference tracks (we'll finesse this a touch as we go along, of course):
- Superstar Sessions – Industry giants on the topics that lie at the heart of the mobile games sector
- Indie Futures – A full-day track for indie developers and how they can survive and thrive in the modern mobile ecosystem
- Monetise, Retain, Acquire – The latest tips, trends and techniques in UA and monetisation
- Mobile Games University – Carefully curated curriculum very much focused on practical advice on how to succeed as a mobile games developer
- Global Publishing – Exploring the hottest regions, biggest trends and best opportunities for mobile games publishers today including the latest from Asia
- InduTrends – Whether eSports or the power of brands, this new addition to the PGC track roster discusses the leading, most promising trends within mobile gaming
- Show Me the Money – Exploring the different sources and approaches of raising funds, from angels and publisher partnerships to government funding and VCs
- Brilliant Britain – A deserved segment celebrating the best of the UK games development industry
And here is everything else:
- The finest speakers – Confirmed are 6waves, Agnitio Capital, Amazon, Curve, CV Capital, Digital Jam, East Side Games, Eden Games, Execution Labs, Fox Digital, Gamevil, Google Play, Gram Games, Gumi, Hatch, Heracles, icejam, Jam City, King, Lightneer, Lockwood, Magmic, Miniclip, NaturalMotion, nDreams, NetEase, Nexon, Nitrome, Paladin, Rovio, Scientific Revenue, Secret Sauce, Space Ape, Starting Point, The Guardian, Twitch, Twitter, Verve, White Wolf, Wooga, and many, many more
- Pitch & Match – Free business matching meeting system for all attendees
- Very Big Indie Pitch – Indie developers pitch the media and selected experts for prizes and feedback on their upcoming games
- Investor & Publisher SpeedMatches – investors, publishers, developers, 2 hours, 1 room: guaranteed meetings for all selected participants in these two curated sessions
- Expo Area – Discover games, technologies, services and more
- PGC App – Free app to get updates and connect with other delegates on-the-fly
- I Love Indie Showcase – Up-and-coming indies show off their games in the dedicated expo area
- Global Connects Party – Let your hair down, get your dancing shoes on and your business cards out in our relaxed, always-popular after-hours event
You can register for a ticket to Pocket Gamer Connects London 2017 here.