At Pocket Gamer Connects Helsinki 2016, William Heathershaw, Business Development at Appfluencer, led a panel of experts in a discussion on the changes in the global mobile markets.
He was joined by:
- Kieran Park, Senior Business Development Manager at Nexon;
- Jelle Kooistra, Head of Product Development at Newzoo;
- Vladimir Funtikov, Co-Founder and CEO of Creative Mobile;
- Johanna Nylander, Policy Affairs at the Swedish Games Industry;
- Mikael Leinonen, Founder and CEO of MyGamez, and;
- Manish Agarwal, CEO of Nazara Games
When asked about current games industry trends, Kooistra said "we get a lot of questions about Pokemon GO and what it means for the industry," saying it is the first commercial success for augmented reality but not every game will be trying to mimic it.
Park suggested that developers looking to go global need to "understand the difference between the countries," such as how to communicate with not only the companies but also the players in that region.