Tommy Palm, CEO of Resolution Games and ex-Games Guru at King, is set to keynote Day 1 of PGC Helsinki 2016(September 5th) to speak about the next big mobile virtual reality platform, Google Daydream.
This rare insight into Google's anticipated mobile VR platform, which will accompany a discussion on Resolution's future plans for the technology, will set the tone for the rest of the Future Visions track at PGC (which continues on the morning of Day 2 and features further sessions from VR and AR luminaries).
Resolution, one of the rising stars in VR, already has one of if not THE biggest selling VR game after announcing over 700K downloads of its Gear VR fishing sim Bait!.
We’re delighted to have Tommy at the show as part of our continued focus to increase the VR presence at PG Connects events, which at Helsinki this year includes a VR expo area as well as a VR Big Indie Pitch.
If you’d like to get involved we still have a few pitch slots plus tickets and VR expo space available (follow link above).
If it's PGC Helsinki you seek, Mid-Term tickets are still available (but about to run out).
PGC Helsinki at-a-glance
8 not-to-be-missed tracks:
- East Meets West: Global Mobile Gaming – Exploring the hottest regions, biggest trends, and best opportunities for mobile game publishers today including a focus on eSports and the latest from Asia
- InduTrends – Whether eSports or the power of brands, this new addition to the PGC track roster will discuss the leading trends at the heart of the mobile game industry
- Fantastic Finland – A deserved segment celebrating the best of the Finnish industry
- Monetise, Retain, Acquire – The latest tips, trends, and techniques in UA and monetisation
- Show Me the Money – Exploring the different sources and approaches of raising funds, from angels and publisher partnerships to government funding and VCs
- Mobile Games University – Carefully curated curriculum very much focused on practical advice on how to succeed as a mobile games developer
- Future Visions – A dedicated track looking at VR (not exclusively mobile) and emerging technologies that will affect the industry
- Indie Futures – A full-day track for indie developers and how they can survive and thrive in the modern mobile ecosystem
And here's the networking & fringe events & key features bit:
- Pitch & Match – Free business matching meeting system for all attendees
- PGC App – Free app to get updates and connect with other delegates on-the-fly
- Very Big Indie Pitch – Indie developers pitch the media and selected experts for prizes and feedback on their upcoming games
- 20/20 SpeedMatch – 20 publishers, 20 developers, 2 hours, 1 room. 20 guaranteed meetings for all selected participants
- Expo Area – Discover games, technologies, services and more
- I Love Indie Showcase – Up-and-coming indies show off their games in the dedicated expo area
- Unreal Engine 4 Workshop – 3-hour session teaching how to make a game from scratch using UE4
- PG Party – Let your hair down, get your dancing shoes on, and your business cards out in our relaxed, always-popular after-hours event