*Please note this article has been updated as of December 15, 2021 to reflect newly announced dates for Pocket Gamer Connects London 2022
The Big Indie Awards are kicking off with a vengeance!
We’re excited to announce that our inaugural Big Indie Awards, a celebration of the best of indie games and up-and-coming studios and developers, will now be taking place at our in-person conference in February.
Originally set to take place fully online on December 15th, the change was made due to the immense interest in nominating exciting projects and teams for the awards.
The nominations deadline has officially been extended until December 31st, so make sure to get your nominations in by the end of December for your favourite games or promising up-and-coming developers or studios that you think deserve the recognition.
Remember that all indie-categorised teams and studios that have released a game in the last 12 months (or are scheduled to release in the next six months) are eligible to be nominated.
The awards will now take place at our hybrid conference in London, Pocket Gamer Connects London on February 14th to 15th, 2022.
It’s the place to be for all mobile games industry insights and networking needs. If you’re able to attend in person, it will be an incredible opportunity to meet top names in the industry and learn from more than 225 expert speakers.
If you’re not able to, no need to worry. You can access all the fun remotely with our hybrid model, and will be able to have access to the same networking opportunities through our 24-hour meeting platform. Learn more about this event here and keep reading below to find out more about how you can take advantage of the opportunity to nominate your favourite teams/games for these awards.
Who can be nominated?
- The awards cover mobile, PC and console games. Read more here to see the requirements to qualify for nomination.
- The game eligibility period is now from November 1st 2020 - December 31st 2021.
- Your core studio must be less than 12 members (with exceptions in special circumstances) and be fully independently owned with a primary focus on game making. Independent developers are also welcome.
What’s the process?
Step 1: Nominations
We are currently at the nomination stage. Anyone can nominate their own game or the studio they are a part of as well as nominate a game that someone else has created or a studio that they think is doing particularly well. All names nominated will enter a list that will be shortened by an expert panel into a final shortlist of nominees, which will be published in early January.
Use this form to submit your nominations and suggest at least one category you feel is suitable for your nominees, as games can win in multiple categories. Please be aware that you can nominate multiple times and nominate multiple games.
Step 2: Shortlist Voting
Select industry experts and players will vote for nominees and result in the winning titles, which will be published in early January.
Step 3: Awards Ceremony
Public vote available:
- Best Indie Game (PC and Console)
- Best Indie Game (Mobile)
- Best In Audio (Multiplatform)
- Best In Visuals (Multiplatform)
- Best In Gameplay (Multiplatform)
- Best Story/Narrative (Multiplatform)
- Best Longform Experience/Living Game (Multiplatform)
- Most Innovative Idea (Multiplatform)
- Best Quick-Play/Casual Title (Multiplatform)
- Best Studio/Team (Multiplatform)
- Best Solo Developer (Multiplatform)
Special awards by the expert jury:
- Rising Star (Multiplatform)
- Games For Good Award (Multiplatform)
- BIP Legend Award
- Pitcher Of The Year
Last day to nominate
Nominate your favourite games and studios here before midnight on Friday, December 31st, 2021 (UK Time).
Book your place
Since PG Connects London is a hybrid event, you are more than welcome to attend the awards ceremony virtually by registering here.
Or if you're a PG Connects London ticket holder, you can get the full games action and experience the awards in person. Don’t forget to get your tickets booked for this unmissable conference.
See you in February!