At Pocket Gamer Connects San Francisco 2015, Oscar Clark, an evangelist at Unity Technologies, led a panel in a discussion about what makes the "best" ideas.
Making up the panel were:
- Sebastien Borget, Co-Founder & COO, Pixowl;
- Jeferson Valdares, GM/VP of Product Development, Bandai Namco;
- Theresa Duringer, Co-Founder, Turtle Sandbox;
- Trevor Stricker, President, Disco Pixel, and
- Ries Derkman, Content Acquisition, Spil Games
Keep it simple
"Don't try to get too creative," warned Derkman, suggesting that you need to remember that while an idea may sound great on paper, actually implementing it and making it fun for players is a lot trickier in practice.
Deringer recommended making a note of every idea you have, so that when the time comes to actually create something "you'll always have something to draw from," rather than having to come up with something on the spot.
You can see all our videos from Pocket Gamer Connects San Francisco 2015 in this YouTube Playlist.